Fire Broke Out At Historic Union Oyster HouseTop Stories

August 04, 2017 12:40
Fire Broke Out At Historic Union Oyster House

A fire broke out in one of the city’s oldest historic restaurant was reported on Thursday. Originally established in 1826, it is America’s oldest restaurant and national land mark.

Firefighters crew responded to the restaurant around 8:30 p.m. The fire was quickly extinguished but the crew had hard time getting the smoke out of the building due to lack of windows.

Deputy Fire Chief Robert Calobrisi says that the crew could have broken the windows to let the fresh air in, but they “didn’t want to disturb the historical significance” of the building.

“I don’t even know if they can replace these windows, we tried to weigh on the side of caution” said the deputy fire chief.

The employees and patrons at the venerable Boston restaurant were evacuated from the building, said Susan Hargrove, the dining room manager.

“It started in the first floor, the smoke crawled up into the second floor dining room. You could smell it like it was in the walls”. said Hargrove.

“we saw a blaze of fire on a front right wooden panel of restaurant which they eventually tore-off,” said reporter Kristin LaFratta, who witnessed the fire.

No injuries were reported. Officials still haven’t released any information regarding the fire yet.

By A.s

If you enjoyed this Post, Sign up for Newsletter

(And get daily dose of political, entertainment news straight to your inbox)

Rate This Article
(0 votes)